The Cardiovascular soundness is not a trivial or a banal matter; Heart issues and diseases have been the no. 1 health-endangering in the UAE. In the World Cardiology Congress, held in Dubai in December 2018, it was stated that the threshold for cardiac arrests and cardiovascular disease (CVD) worldwide is 65 years, while people in the UAE are suffering from the CVD at the age of 45 and that 80 percent of deaths that occur due to CVD are preventable with early diagnosis and treatment. Professor Dr. Uwe Klima, Managing & Medical Director of German Heart Center and Thoracic Surgeon in Dubai heart clinic, advises that a cardiologist could offer help prevent heart issues or help treat them at an early stage.
What are the most common Heart issues?
From the inside of Dubai heart clinic, the most common heart issues are:
How to prevent cardiovascular diseases?
There are many things you can do to reduce your chances of getting heart disease:
• Blood pressure: Follow up with any changes that occur with your blood pressure because High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease. It is inevitable to get your blood pressure checked regularly.
• Cholesterol and Triglyceride: High cholesterol and triglyceride levels can cause arteries clogging and lead to coronary artery disease and heart attack so they need to be controlled and lowered.
• Weight, Diet, and Exercise: Healthy weight, healthy dietary, and regular exercise are the golden key to avoid obesity and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Moreover, they strengthen your heart and improve your circulation.
• Don't smoke: Cigarette smoking raises your blood pressure and puts you at higher risk for heart attack and stroke.
• Manage stress: It can raise your blood pressure and extreme stress can be a trigger for a heart attack.
• Manage diabetes: Having diabetes doubles your risk of diabetic heart disease.
• Make sure that you get enough sleep: If you don't get enough sleep, you raise your risk of high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes.
Heart disease in babies is known to affect one in every 100 babies. The term Congenital Heart Defect or CHD is used to describe a range of birth defects that prevent the heart from functioning normally. Babies diagnosed with CHD often require serious treatment.
A heart murmur refers to a swishing or whooshing sound made by the heart. This sound can be heard through a cardiologist’s stethoscope and is different from the usual sound of your heartbeat.
Parents often have many questions after receiving a diagnosis of their child’s congenital heart defect (CHD). It can be a confusing and stressful time, and it is, therefore, natural to discuss these concerns with your cardiology doctors in Dubai.