Dr. Helge Alexy is a German Board certified Consultant Cardiologist in the field of non-invasive and interventional Cardiology who is available to you now for consultation hours.
He was long years senior physician in the hospital and head of the Heart catheter Laboratory.
He has extensive training in Echocardiography incl. 3D, Treadmill testing, Stress- Echocardiography, ECG reading, as well as in invasive procedures having performed countless coronary angiograms/ Heart catheterizations and PCIs (percutaneous coronary interventions with Stents) and is certified as Interventional cardiologist by the German Society of Cardiology.
Another field of expertise lies in Heart rhythm/ ECG disorders, therefore he independently operates and implants Pacemakers for the Heart.
In the structural field he implants Occluders for PFO- (Persistent Foramen Ovale) and LAA (Left Atrial Appendage)-closure procedures, to prevent Strokes.
Dr. Alexy studied medicine in Hamburg, Germany.
After graduation he worked as military medical officer in the German Army hospitals in Hamburg and the capital Berlin, where he became German Board certified as Specialist in Internal medicine and Cardiology, as well as Emergency medicine.
He holds memberships at:
- European Society of Cardiology professional member
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- European Association of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- German Society of Cardiology
- Task Force for Interventional Cardiology
Frequent reasons for a consultation are for example:
- Chest pain
- Preventive check-ups
- Palpitations, irregular heartbeats, ECG abnormalities
- Dyspnea /Shortness of breath
- Lack of performance
- Heart racing
- Syncope, Loss of consciousness
- Lifestyle and risk factor modification
- Optimizing your Heart medication
- 2nd opinions
- Control examinations for: Hypertension, Valvular heart disease, Coronary artery disease, Heart failure, Arrhythmias, etc.
Languages spoken: English, German