The Cardiovascular soundness is not a trivial or a banal matter; Heart issues and diseases have been the no. 1 health-endangering in the UAE. In the World Cardiology Congress, held in Dubai in December 2018, it was stated that the threshold for cardiac arrests and cardiovascular disease (CVD) worldwide is 65 years, while people in the UAE are suffering from the CVD at the age of 45 and that 80 percent of deaths that occur due to CVD are preventable with early diagnosis and treatment. Professor Dr. Uwe Klima, Managing & Medical Director of German Heart Center and Thoracic Surgeon in Dubai heart clinic, advises that a cardiologist could offer help prevent heart issues or help treat them at an early stage.
What are the most common Heart issues?
From the inside of Dubai heart clinic, the most common heart issues are:
How to prevent cardiovascular diseases?
There are many things you can do to reduce your chances of getting heart disease:
• Blood pressure: Follow up with any changes that occur with your blood pressure because High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease. It is inevitable to get your blood pressure checked regularly.
• Cholesterol and Triglyceride: High cholesterol and triglyceride levels can cause arteries clogging and lead to coronary artery disease and heart attack so they need to be controlled and lowered.
• Weight, Diet, and Exercise: Healthy weight, healthy dietary, and regular exercise are the golden key to avoid obesity and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Moreover, they strengthen your heart and improve your circulation.
• Don't smoke: Cigarette smoking raises your blood pressure and puts you at higher risk for heart attack and stroke.
• Manage stress: It can raise your blood pressure and extreme stress can be a trigger for a heart attack.
• Manage diabetes: Having diabetes doubles your risk of diabetic heart disease.
• Make sure that you get enough sleep: If you don't get enough sleep, you raise your risk of high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes.
Heart disease can affect both men and women, however, the symptoms of heart disease in men and women are different. It is very important for women to understand their unique symptoms so that they can adopt preventive measures to avoid the risk of heart disease. In addition to that, the early diagnosis of the disease and consulting with a well-reputed heart specialist in Dubai can help in minimizing the risk of severe conditions such as heart attack, heart failure or heart rhythm problems.
With the modern times medical advancement, medical terms and conditions have taken a new curve, especially with how people now support preventive medicine and early detection of diseases. People now started educated themselves on natures of diseases, which doctors and physicians to visit and started taking health preservation measurements. A vascular surgeon is different from a cardiologist or a pulmonologist, not only in the practice but also in the reasons and purposes to visit him.